S.B. Ballard Construction Company, a leading General Contractor/Construction Manager servicing the Mid-Atlantic region, headquartered in Virginia Beach VA is seeking an energetic, results oriented and creative problem-solver to join our Estimating team. This is a fast paced and collaborative group that is focused on delivering high quality solutions to many of the regions finest clients. We seek Estimators that stand above and beyond their peers and can appreciate the quality of the process and great end product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate directly, both verbally and in writing, with clients on challenging high profile projects and providing recommendations in the best interest of the client.
- Maintain a full and current understanding of project drawings and plans.
- Obtain the best subcontractors, preparing and presenting bids, and driving the pace of the project.
- Make and influence critical decisions under tight deadlines and sometimes with incomplete information.
- Ensure that your knowledge of the project and its requirements are effectively communicated to subcontractors and included in the scope of their quote.
- Collaborate with the Project Management Team and Purchasing in set up of projects to insure profitability, client satisfaction and the best subs for the job.
- Maintain and develop relationships to reinforce a commitment to world class customer service across the board (including co-workers, clients, subcontractors, vendors, and the design community.)
- Exceed client expectations through an unwavering commitment to client satisfaction, accurate estimates, constructive and effective communication and an attention to detail that result in top notch project outcomes.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to other team members
Qualifications and Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in construction estimating or a related field (preferably in commercial construction.)
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience working in a fast-paced, energetic environment while producing detailed, accurate estimates on multiple and varied projects.
- Be proficient in the use of the following software:
- Microsoft Office Suite, with expertise in Excel
- On Screen Take-off (OST)
- Some periodic travel within the state required
Responsibility across multiple, concurrent projects, this position is characterized by shifting priorities, stringent deadlines, last minute requirements, and frequent evening/weekend hours to accomplish tasks for client deadlines.
S. B. Ballard offers a competitive pay and benefit package. We are a drug-free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment. EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet